ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’ was published on 30th November 2017.
Qualimetric has already conducted an in-depth review of this new version, identifying the changes. These include a complete restructuring of the standard with linkages to ISO 9001 and enhanced requirements including changes relating to:
- Impartiality and confidentiality
- Customer requested statements of conformity, decision rules and associated reporting
- Complaint handling
- Identification of risks and opportunities (replacing ‘preventive’ action)
- Management review
- Computerised and information management systems
- Customer supplied data/product
Qualimetric is offering a half-day in-house or on-line training session to:
- identify the changes to the standard.
- provide a detailed gap analysis of the changes which can be used as a checklist to ensure continued compliance with Accreditation Body
- tailor-made review of the changes required to be made in your Laboratory Management System, resulting in an Action Plan for implementation (confidentiality assured).
Please contact [email protected] to discuss your requirements.
You can download our gap assessment template which can be used to identify the actions required in updating your Laboratory Management System to meet the requirements of the 2017 edition of ISO/IEC 17025. You can use this to demonstrate that you have conducted a full assessment of the impact of the changes to your accreditation body.
The short video below shows a summary of the changes in the 2017 version
or click on ISO 17025 Transition video to purchase an hour long in-depth video explaining the changes and actions required.