ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’ was published on 30th November 2017. The standard has been completely restructured from the previous (2005) version.
The deadline for completion was originally set as 30th November 2020, with accreditation to the previous (2005) version no longer being valid beyond that date. Due to the restrictions faced in dealing with the current pandemic, ILAC and ISO agreed that the deadline should be extended by 6 months to allow sufficient additional time for all transitions to be completed. As a consequence, a revised deadline of 1st June 2021 has been agreed, and accreditation against ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 is to be recognised up until this date.
Below are resources to help with the transition.
Qualimetric has already conducted an in-depth review of the revised version, identifying the changes. These include a complete restructuring of the standard with linkages to ISO 9001 and enhanced requirements including changes relating to:
- Impartiality and confidentiality
- Customer requested statements of conformity, decision rules and associated reporting
- Complaint handling
- Identification of risks and opportunities (replacing ‘preventive’ action)
- Management review
- Computerised and information management systems
- Customer supplied data/product
Qualimetric is offering a half-day in-house or on-line training session to:
- identify the changes to the standard.
- provide a detailed gap analysis of the changes which can be used as a checklist to ensure continued compliance with Accreditation Body
- tailor-made review of the changes required to be made in your Laboratory Management System, resulting in an Action Plan for implementation (confidentiality assured).
Please contact [email protected] to discuss your requirements for training.
View our free graphic representation of the new structure by clicking on this link: ISO/IEC 17025:2017
You can download our free gap assessment template which can be used to identify the actions required in updating your Laboratory Management System to meet the requirements of the 2017 edition of ISO/IEC 17025. You can use this to demonstrate that you have conducted a full assessment of the impact of the changes to your accreditation body.
View the short video below summarising the changes in the 2017 version
Full length implementation guidance – purchase an hour long in-depth video explaining the changes and actions required – click on this link to access: ISO 17025 Transition video