ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’ was published on 30th November 2017.
Qualimetric has already conducted an in-depth review of this new version, identifying the changes. These include a complete restructuring of the standard with linkages to ISO 9001 and enhanced requirements including changes relating to:
- Impartiality and confidentiality
- Customer requested statements of conformity, decision rules and associated reporting
- Complaint handling
- Identification of risks and opportunities (replacing ‘preventive’ action)
- Management review
- Computerised and information management systems
- Customer supplied data/product
Qualimetric is offering a half-day in-house training session to:
- identify the changes to the standard.
- provide a detailed gap analysisof the changes which can be used as a checklist to ensure continued compliance with Accreditation Body
- tailor-made reviewof the changes required to be made in your Laboratory Management System, resulting in an Action Plan for implementation (confidentiality assured).
Please contact us to discuss your requirements – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07976852720.
Our short video below shows a summary of the changes in the 2017 version.